Friday, April 12, 2013

Book Review: The Bridesmaid (Home to Hickory Hollow #2) by Beverly Lewis





Joanna Kurtz is first introduced to us as a secondary character in the first book in the Home to Hickory Hollow series.  When Amy DeVries follows Michael to Hickory Hollow, she stays at the Kurtzes' and befriends Joanna.  That's the connection book #1 has to book #2.

Always the bridesmaid never the bride.  That's Joanna Kurtz.  Her sister, Cora Anne, warns her it is bad luck to be a bridesmaid three times, but Joanna doesn't care.  She believes her time will come. A trip to her great uncle's funeral in Virginia has her meeting Eben Troyer.  They end up courting.  Problem is, he lives in Shipshewana, Indiana!  The only way their relationship will work out is if one of them is able to move to the other's town.  Roadblocks are put in their way, one of them includes Cora Anne.  Will Joanna ever get to be a bride?  Will her secret passion end up being her undoing?  What is her secret passion?  You'll just have to read the book to find out!

I love it when a story evokes emotion in me.  Cora Anne's actions made me so angry.  I was angry, but I was happy that I was angry for it meant I was really getting into the story.  Beverly Lewis has that ability.  For all the Amish stories she has written, she's still able to bring out the emotions in us readers.

I read this book for pure pleasure.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this book in any way.

1 comment:

  1. You've described a kind of story I like to read. I'm already shaking my fists at the sister. :-)

    Take 25 to Hollister
    Don't be a Hippie

    ReplyDelete