Ten Facts about Cynthia Voigt:
- 1942, February 25 born in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1981, first book Homecoming is published.
- 1983, Dicey's Song wins the Newbery Medal.
- 1984, A Solitary Blue becomes a Newbery Honor book.
- The second of five children: 1 older sister, 1 younger sister, and 2 younger twin brothers.
- She knew by the time she started high school that she wanted to be a writer.
- Graduated from Smith College in Massachusetts.
- 18 when she wrote Callendar Papers, which happens to be the first book she wrote and the fourth book she has had published.
- She says winning the Newbery Medal felt like being queen for a day.
- Took three writing classes and claims they didn't work for her since the teachers didn't like her writing.
Works by Cynthia Voigt:
Dicey's Song (1982)
A Solitary Blue (1983)
The Runner (1985)
Come a Stranger (1986)
Sons from Afar (1987)
Seventeen Against the Dealer (1989)
On Fortune's Wheels (1990)
The Wings of a Falcon (1993)
Bad Girls Series:
Bad Girls (1996)
Bad, Badder, Baddest (1997)
It's Not Easy Being Bad (2000)
Born to be Bad (2001)
Bad Girls in Love (2002)
From Bad to Worse the Back to Good (2003)
Bad Girls, Bad Girls, Whatcha Gonna Do? (2006)
The Rosie Stories
Stories about Rosie (1986)
The Rosie Stories (2003)
The Davis Farm Books
Angus and Sadie (2005)
Young Fredle (2000)
Tell Me If the Lovers are Losers (1982)
Callender Papers (1983)
Building Blocks (1984)
Izzy, Willy-Nilly (1986)
Shore Writers' Samper II (1988)
Tree by Leaf (1988)
Glass Mountain (1991)
The Vandemark Mummy (1991)
David and Jonathan (1992)
When She Hollers (1994)
Mister Max: The Book of Lost Things (to be released in 2013/2014)
"The Stepsister" featured in What You Wish For (2011)
For more information check out these sites: