Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Book Review: When Strawberries Bloom (Lizzie Searches for Love #2) and Big Decisions (Lizzie Searches for Love #3) by Linda Byler





The second book in the Lizzie Searches for Love trilogy deals with Lizzie growing up.  She's teaching school now and dealing with her father's failing health.  She is also questioning her feelings for Stephen.  Is he the one God wants her to be with?  Is she the right person for a relationship?  Is she growing up?

I enjoyed this book better than the first.  It felt more Amish.  With Lizzie growing up she has the same worries and concerns, but they're coming at her and she's dealing with them in more mature ways.  She's also finding out a lot about herself.  Her sisters find their husbands and it leads Lizzie to wondering if she will ever have that kind of love herself.

The third book in the trilogy deals with Lizzie getting married.  Is she ready?  Is she the type of person who should get married?  Does she want to?  Does she want children?  These are the questions that run through her head.  Lizzie has to learn to grow up.  She has to learn to be a better person, the kind of person God wants her to be, the kind of person she needs to be for her husband.

Putting the whole series together I really enjoyed it.   I'm not sure there was enough meat for three books, but I did enjoy going through Lizzie's life as she matured and found love.

I read this as a review request from Netgalley using the Adobe Digital program on my laptop.  The book was actually a compilation published with all three books combined.  As I have already read and reviewed the first book I did not do that here.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment