Monday, November 5, 2012

Book Review: The Witness by Dee Henderson



Amanda Griffin witnessed a terrible crime. Ever since then she has been on the run, hiding her identity, hiding herself in hopes of being able to keep herself alive.  Police Chief Luke Granger meets Amanda as she is a witness to murders at her place of work.  Add to this her sisters coming into something that puts them in the media's eye causing threats to come their way.

Another novel from Dee Henderson putting together suspense, romance, and Christianity. The suspense portion is divided into sections.  It comes and it goes.  I have read reviews of this book.  Some people think it's cliched or easy to figure out.  I do not agree.  I am one who thinks Henderson writes very predictable, but still fun to read stories and I don't think this one was predictable.  Well, all right, it was a little predictable--the romance portion, but I think the suspense part was not and that is the major plot.

I do wish there was more to the ending.  It felt like there was more to tell, but Henderson chose to stop writing.  It's as if she was considering writing a sequel but never did.  I wouldn't mind if she did write one.

Connor and Marsh are Granger's co-workers.  They were the only hitch in character development.  There were times when I would get them confused.  I understand the need for having the two of them but they really felt like one character split in half.  Besides that, the character development was superb.  The three sisters felt like three individual siblings rather than three parts of a whole.

I read this book for pure pleasure.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment