Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Book Review: Twelve Months by Steven Manchester




What would you do if you knew you only had twelve months to live?

This is the question Don DiMarco faces when he gets the news he has terminal cancer with a predicted only twelve months left to his life.  Don creates a list of all the things he wants to do, things he wants to accomplish in his life, and sets out to complete them.  More importantly, he makes sure to make lasting memories with his wife, children, and grandchildren.

Don doesn't dwell on the fact that he's dying.  It's with him every day in the form of pain getting stronger and stronger.  He doesn't let that stop him.  He lives his life to the best he can.  He gives his family all the love he can.

I enjoyed the adventures Don went on as he wanted to accomplish the final things in his life.  One trip was to Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC.  I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I did live in Charlotte, and living there it is hard to get away from NASCAR news.  I loved reading the description of Lowe's Motor Speedway and the area.  It brought me back to a place I used to live.

This is the trip of a man with twelve months left in his life.  It's not about death.  It's about living and loving.  It's truly a wonderful story that should not be passed up.

I read this book as a review request using the Kindle app on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment