Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book Review: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer


PG, 3 Stars

In honor of the upcoming release of the final book in the series, netgalley.com allowed instant access to the first two books in the Artemis Fowl series.  I've been meaning to read this series for a while, but have not gotten around to it, so I took advantage of this offer.

Artemis Fowl is a twelve year old boy.  He's rich.  He's smart.  He's a criminal.  His dad has been missing for years, thought to be dead, but a body has never been found.  This has put his mom in a very depressed state allowing Artemis to do pretty much whatever he wants, which includes not attending his private school.  The first adventure in the series is pretty much about him kidnapping Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit.

I feel sort of eh about the book.  It's good for kids, middle grades probably.  I think it was just too young for me.  It was a nice story.  It was well-written.  It just didn't really hold my attention like I thought it would.  I do plan on reading the rest of the series.  I want to know what happens to Artemis and if he finds his dad.

I read an Adobe Digital Copy provided by netgalley.com for pure pleasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment