Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Book Review: Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

G, 4 stars

I read this book as a kid, but I didn't remember much of it so when I came across it at dailylit.com I decided to have the book sent to me in email form.  This site allows you to choose a book and they will send emails of the book from the beginning of the book to the end daily.  It's a fun way to read a book, but it's a lot slower than other methods.

The couple living at Green Gables in Avonlea are expecting a child to come by train.  They are to adopt a boy chosen for them by a friend.  Unfortunately, the child that arrives is a girl.  The child is red-headed Anne.

Anne of Green Gables is the story of Anne's growing up years with the Cuthberts.  They wanted a boy, but they take in Anne and learn to love her and her imaginative, adventurous ways.  The end is a little sad, but overall it's a great book and I want to read the rest of the series.  I've only read a few of them before and don't really recall much from them anyways.

This book and the series is good for girls.  If you haven't read them I do recommend reading them.  Every girl needs to get to know Anne Shirley.

I read this for pure pleasure from emails provided by dailylit.com


No comments:

Post a Comment