Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Book Review: Facing the Music by Nick Carter




To be released: September 24, 2013

I'm not going to lie.  In high school and college I was a huge Backstreet Boys fan.  After their Black and Blue album when they took their 2 year hiatus I stopped paying much attention to them.  I sort of kept up with them.  I sort of knew what was going on with them.  I sort of knew about their music.  That means I sort of knew about Nick Carter and his disastrous ways.  I knew he dated Paris Hilton and I vaguely remember hearing about the House of Carters television show.  I also sort of remember hearing about his DUI.  I did hear about his sister's death and I Googled the heck out of that for reactions from Nick and his brother, Aaron.

This book was an eye-opener.  Nick talks about how he basically threw his life down the drain.  He was heavy into alcohol and drugs.  He came from a very dysfunctional family and it spiraled as he got older.  It was news to me as I hadn't paid much attention to him since 2004.

Nick realizes the mistakes he's made and the damage he's done to himself.  He doesn't know what damage he may have caused his body, but he knows he wants to fix what he can.  This book is for him to help himself and give him the chance to help others.  He dedicates it to his late sister Leslie whom he wished he could have helped and brought back from the brink.

If you are or were a Backstreet Boys fan I think you'll enjoy this look into Nick's life.  He's not afraid to tell the embarrassing moments.  He gets deep and knows when he messed up.

I read this as a review request from netgalley using the Adobe Digital app on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment