Friday, July 13, 2012

Book Review: Safely Home by Randy Alcorn

PG-13, 5 stars

You may think you know what goes on in Communist China, but what you don't know will surprise you!

China presents a false image of themselves to the world, an image they have cultivated over the years.  They pretend to be tolerant of any religion and anybody.  The truth is far from what we've been told.

Ben Fielding is an American businessman who has great ties with the business world in China.  He thinks he knows the real China.  What he knows are the lies he's been fed.  On one trip to China he decides to contact his old college room, Li Quan.

Li Quan is a Christian in China.  He is a persecuted Christian in a persecuted religion.  His father and grandfather have both died for their faith and Quan has been jailed before for the same reason.  He shows Ben Fielding the China he knows.

Randy Alcorn puts together an extraordinary tale of what really goes on behind the closed doors of China.  This is an amazing tale of what people will do for Christianity, for Jesus, for God, for love. The book opened my eyes and made me realize things about myself that perhaps I didn't like.  It's a story of faith and sacrifice, putting God first and ourselves last.

I read this book for my own pleasure.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment