Saturday, June 1, 2013

Book Review: Waterfalls (Glenbrooke #6) by Robin Jones Gunn




The opening of a camp by Meredith's sister and brother-in-law brought her to Glenbrooke where she met the only man who made her heart leap, Jacob Wilde.  He has other ideas about love, however.  Strange ideas that work to break Meri's heart.  She can't get him out of her mind and out of her life as his newest project brings them closer together.

Meri is a children's book acquisitions editor and Jacob Wilde is an actor looking to turn into a producer with a book and film series.  He wants to work with her publish company and thus puts him and Meri into a work relationship.  Other surprises pop up along the way bringing them together even more.

Out of all the Glenbrooke books I have read, which I think is only three, this is the one with the most suspense.  The others I could easily tell that the two lovers would get together.  It's not about the end but about the journey.  This one, it was a total question.  I liked that.  Not every romance story has to be that way, but it's nice once in a while for a little mystery.

The moral of the story, which I don't mind sharing as I don't think it spoils anything, is to wait for God's timing.  God's timing is not our timing.  God has plans for you and He knows the best time to implement the plans and what the plans are going to be.  They may not be what you want or when you want, but they are what is ultimately best for you.  Meredith may not get what she wants when she wants it, but she gets what she needs to take her to the place she needs to be.

I read this book for pure pleasure.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite book of Robin's and I've read/own ALL of her books! I can say that I love this book even more than the Christy Miller books.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Better than the Christy Miller books? I haven't read them yet, but as I gather they are her most popular.

      Delete