Saturday, June 15, 2013

Book Review: Accidental Deception by Tina Martin




Set in Charlotte, NC, the main character stops to take care of a homeless woman lying on the side of the street.  This leads to him bringing her to his place and taking care of her there. Carter discovers the woman, Shayla was the fiancee of his late brother, Jacob, a woman he was asked to take care by her fiance after his suicide.

He doesn't tell her this secret.  He lets her live in his house.  He lets her use his car.  He sets up a bank account for her.  It's odd.  Also, I feel the story lacks any meat.  Nothing really happens.  They hang out, but not much is said.  I did not feel there was much to the story.  Also, the ending was very disappointing.  I won't spoil it for you, but I will tell you that I was not happy.

I read this book as a review request via PDF on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.  Sorry there isn't more to the review, but there isn't more that I feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment