Saturday, February 9, 2013

Book Review: Surviving Seventh Grade by Glenn K. Currie




Written in a journalistic style, this is the story of a seventh grade boy in the 1950s.  It follows the boy first introduced to readers as a ten-year-old in A Boy's First Diary.

It's a quick read about a typical boy's life in the seventh grade.  It shows that kids deal with most of the same stuff in the 1950s that they do today.  No electronics, but there are still bullies, best friends, and annoying girls.

I don't have much to say about it because there isn't much to the book.  I did enjoy it and I think most would.  But, even as a journal of a seventh grade boy there's not much meat to it.  I guess a boy that age wouldn't keep a very intense journal, but if it's something to be shared with readers I think there needs to be more to it than what's being presented.  Even so, I did like it.

I read this as a review request using the Kindle app on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment