Friday, October 4, 2013

Book Review: The Man in the Ceiling by Jules Feiffer

I started this book, oh, I think way back in the seventh grade, maybe earlier.  That was about 19 years ago.  I got maybe a chapter or two in and thought it was completely dull.  I put it away, not to want to pick it back up again.  Come this year, at age 30, I decided why not?  So, I picked it back up.  I was completely wrong.  It was a very enjoyable story.

Jimmy Jibbetts is a cartoonist.  Well, that's what he's working towards being when he grows up.  He also wants to impress his father and the popular guy at school, Charley Beemer.  Working together with Charley Jimmy finds out what is truly important.

Jimmy's uncle writes plays that he hopes to get on Broadway but that has never happened.  Until now.  He has come up with the one (weird) story that changes his life.  The changes show him and Jimmy what is most important and it gives Jimmy inspiration on what to do with the Charley Beemer incident.

Overall, I liked the story.  It was not what I was expecting.  When I was younger I didn't like that, but now, it's cool.

I read this story for pure pleasure.  All opinions are mine.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment