Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: The Choice by Nicholas Sparks




I'm not a Sparks fangirl.  I don't have to read everything written by him.  A few of his stories have caught my interest and The Choice is one of them.

What is the choice?  There are two of them in this story and the one I believe the title came from is not what you'd expect.  I should also point out that this story actually defies regular Nicholas Sparks logic.  I won't tell you how, though!

Gabby moved in next door to a single man, Travis.  Travis's closest friends are all married with children.  He was very attractive, very adventerous, and very much the vet she goes to when her dog is in trouble.  One can only guess what's going to happen next except Gabby has a boyfriend.

There is a second part to the story, but I'm not going to tell it to you because it gives away too much of the first part of the story.  All I will say is it has a lot do with the choice.

I wasn't too thrilled with the second part of the book.  Honestly, it felt like it came out of left field and didn't connect well with the first part.  As its own story it's nice, I just don't feel it fits with the first part too much.

I read this book for pure pleasure.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



2 comments:

  1. I too like you am not a die hard fan of this author but if the story looks good I will read it, have not read this one and will have to take a look see, thanks for your comments about your reading of the story.
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete