Saturday, May 31, 2014

Book Review: Avra's God by Ann Lee Miller





Forgiveness.  Each character in this story has to learn to forgive.  Avra needs to forgive Cisco.  Cisco needs to forgive his father.  Jesse and Kallie need to forgive each other.

This story revolves around four friends attending Daytona State University.  Cisco comes from a broken home and loves the atmosphere of family he finds at Avra's.  Avra has had a crush on Cisco but has always felt she wasn't worthy.

Jesse is in a band and has grabbed the attention of squealing fangirls.  One of them is not Kallie.  She's just a friend...a friend he wants to make something more.  Holding Kallie back are the girls and the band atmosphere.  Is Jesse the right one for her?

I don't know.  I didn't really connect with this book.  I can't really explain what it was, but I never really felt like I knew the characters.  Too much was going on and I was trying to keep characters straight in my mind.  I don't know.  It wasn't a bad story.  I just couldn't connect to it.

I read this book as a review request.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



This is my last book review.  I have found over the course of doing book reviews that I really don't enjoy writing them.  I love reading, but writing book reviews takes joy away from that.  It even has me dreading finishing a book!  I love to write as well, but book reviews are not something I enjoy writing.  I'm going to miss getting free books, but it is for the best.  I'll find some use for this blog, yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment