Saturday, September 21, 2013

Book Review: Five Miles South of Peculiar by Angela Hunt





I don't know.  This one felt different than other Angela Hunt works.  It was still good.  I did it enjoy it.  But, I didn't enjoy it as much as her other stuff that I've read.  It might have been the mood I was in while reading it.  I don't suffer from depression.  I suffer from social anxiety and I was in a down moment during the time I read this book, so it could have effected my opinion of the story.  I'm willing to give this book a try again in about a year to see if my opinion changes.

This is the story of almost 50 year old twin sisters who could not be more different.  One was the quiet type who stayed in the family house raising her family.  The other was a talented singer who went to Broadway to become a star.  Did she become star?  Well, no.  And now she was faced with a health issue that could put an end to her dreams.

Carlene's arrival home does not sit well with her twin sister, Darlene.  Darlene has always felt she lived in the shadows of her sister in more ways than one and now her sister was coming home to take over the limelight in Peculiar.

The youngest sister, Magnolia more commonly known as Nolie, deals with a tragic relationship from her past possibly having changed her just a bit.  She cares for her dogs and gardens on the estate when a man with his own haunted past moves in to help the ladies.

I read this book for pure pleasure.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment